WINNERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN By Dr. Franca 4th June 2017.
FAILURE AND SUCCESS ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. - THE WILL TO TRY.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. If you are a true entrepreneur you should not know the meaning of the word "Failure". Real entrepreneurs look at failure as just another obstacle in their path to success. In fact, many people believe that you must "fail" before you can truly achieve monumental success.
A great example is Thomas Edison the great inventor of electric bulb. Thomas tried and failed more than one thousand times before his invention. Henry Ford encountered several failures as a great automobile genius of our time. Albert Einstein failed over one million times in his laboratory experiments.
Howard Stern worked at a local radio station called wwww (W4). He was not the most popular DJ in the USA. He was just a “regular” DJ. W4 could not make it as a rock station and Howard Stern was fired. Did he quit? Did he think of himself as a failure? Did he decide to leave the DJ business and do something else? The answer is no!
Howard Stern tried again. He reinvented himself and became one of the most popular and wealthy Djs worldwide. He even got into movies. Howard Stern did not quit and neither should you.
In this write up, Dr Franca looks at 6 reasons why entrepreneurs quit to prevent you from doing so. This is the first in a series of articles designed to support individuals that have recently gone through or are going through the experience of a startup failure.
The intention is to take the stigma out of failing and to help you recover quickly from a failure and get back into the game and in action. The only true failure is never trying.
6 Reasons Why Entrepreneurs Quit:
No clear and direct goals
No interest in acquiring special knowledge needed to continue
Wishing instead of willing
Looking for shortcuts to success
Fear of criticism
Failure is part of a winning formula. The following should guide you when you feel like quitting and remember winners never quit and quitters never win.
Failing puts you through hell
The greater your ambition, the bigger the stakes, the more painful it is to fail.
Failing doesn’t make you a failure.
Failing isn’t about falling down but refusal to get up.
If anything, the winners in today’s world fail more than anyone.
Successful athletes, artists, and entrepreneurs fail at all stages of their careers.
What makes you a winner isn’t avoiding failure, it’s overcoming it.
Failing sets you back it costs you time and money and effort but it teaches you how to succeed.
The key is to keep looking forward.
Turning past failures into future success is what winning and life is all about.
GET ORGANIZED NOW! By Dr. Franca 15 July 2017
No matter what business you’re n. keeping things in order is key to your professional - and personal - success.
Time is money. You have probably heard this saying thousands of times. Yet, like most of us, you are most likely still wasting a lot of valuable time 4because you are unorganized. To be successful in today’s business climate you must be as organized as possible. As more and more companies cut workers, there are less and less secretaries, personal assistants and other administrative workers who usually are responsible for keeping you and your company organized. Now, it is up to you to get and stay organized in order to increase your productivity and efficiency.
Dr Franca Tips to helping you organize your business
• Determine your goals before you start anything, determine its goal. If you don’t know where you’re going, how will you ever know when you get there? Set mini- goals and reward yourself for successes.
Don’t rely on your memory alone: You run the risk of letting tasks fall through the cracks. The best way to never forget an appointment, or a deadline is to write everything down.
• Consolidate similar activities: Instead of starting and stopping at different levels of activity, you’ll save time by making all of your outgoing telephone calls together, taking care of all your errands at once, etc.
• Use one calendar: The biggest mistake people make when using planning calendars is to keep more than one calendar/dairy. Keep personal, professional and family items on one calendar. It will help to eliminate scheduling conflicts. Remember the man who wears two watches, never knows the correct time.’
• Set time limits: Say ‘You’ve got only 10 minutes to talk.” Outline your calls, Say, ‘I’d like to discuss these 2 possible solutions to problem A...’
• Make time for yourself: Make at least one screened appointment with yourself each day. Screened time is quiet, uninterrupted time allowing you to concentrate on a project or catch up on your reading.
Make the most of idle time: Catch up on your reading while you wait for appointments. Audio cassettes of an educational or motivational nature are a great way to make use of you time while driving to work.
Determine your best time for tasks: Use your most productive time to do your most productive work. Alert in the morning? Afternoon? Tackle your most difficult, important work during the time of day when you’re at your best and you’re most likely to complete it.
• Keep receipts together: Keep an envelope in your purse or wallet to hold receipts that you may need for expense records or tax purposes. When you get back to the office, put the receipts in predesignated envelopes (business meals, fuel, rental expenses and so on), then keep all the envelopes in a larger expanding file or box.
Getting organised is more than just being neat and tidy. If you follow the tips and techniques provided your productivity, efficiency and profits will go up. More importantly your quality of life will improve as well.
OPEN YOUR MIND AND DEVELOP YOURSELF. A mind is like a flower very beautiful when open. By Dr. Franca 11th May 2017.
It may be a cliche, but life really is what you make of it. Research has shown over and over again that optimistic people with a positive outlook on life are healthier and live longer , and tend to have more stable relationships and better paid jobs than their negaholic counterparts. Pessimists make their own lives miserable and they drag others down with them. But, if you alter your mindset from negative to positive and see your glass as half full rather than half empty - you will give yourself the potential for a healthier, happier and longer life.
The mind is like a flower, very beautiful when open
If you are ignorant, the world is going to cheat you. If you are weak, the world is going to kick you. If you are a coward, the world is going to keep you running.
…………….Benjamin E. Mays………………..
It must be borne in mind that the tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but is a calamity not to dream. It not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideal, but it is a disaster to have no ideal to capture. It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for. Not failure but low aim is sin.
………….Benjamin E. Mays…………………..
HOW WEALTHY ARE YOU? ARE YOU A MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR? FORMULA TO CALCULATE AND KNOW HOW WEALTHY YOU ARE. By Dr Franca 11th January 2017
Although 95 out of every 100 people are not financially independent when they retire, aiming to retire financially secure at age of 65 is not living in cockoo land. The earlier in life you start saving and investing, the sooner and wealthier you will retire. The big question, however is how much saving is enough to retire on and be protected by ever increasing inflation? If you want to retire when you are 55 years old, you should have accumulated at least 23 times your salary.
Retiring at 60 requires you to have accumulated 20 times your annual income, and packing in the rat race at 65 means you should have accumulated 18 times your annual salary by then. To retire at 65, you should already have saved seven times your income by the time you are 40 years old and nine times your income by the age of 45, 13 times your income by the age of 55 and 15 times your income by the age of 60.
Test how well you are doing. Feel happy and work harder, use this formula as a test.
£250,000 or $350,000 or 300,000 Euro in cash and assets is normally regarded as wealthy in the developed countries. This would get you the comforts of life, a nice house, nice cars and pay for children’s education etc.
Wealth differs from country to country, for example in Nigeria, 50 million naira, in cash and assets could be regarded as comfortable. However, one needs far less than this amount to be happy in life.
You could consider yourself wealthy if your total cash plus asset is greater or equal to 100 million naira.
Wealth = Cash + Asset
Wealth = 100 million naira
Plan well for your retirement: Answer these questions?
1. Do you have an investment income outside your salary?
2. Is your investment income more than twice your annual salary?
3. Do you have income from other business set-ups? (shop, café, etc.)
4. Do you have a pension? Yes No
5. Does your employer pay a contribution to your pension?
6. Do you have any other insurance or life assurance cover?
7. Have you talked to your family and friends about your retirement?
8. Will your children be financially independent on you when you’re 60?
9. Do you have a partner who is working and willing to support you in part during retirement?
10. Will you have paid off all your debts (including mortgage) by 60?
11. Do you have a hobby and keen interest in a regular exercise?
Interpreting your scores
The higher your number of Yes scores, the better. If you have answered Yes to all the questions, it clearly indicates that you are ready and on the way to retire rich and wealthy. However, there are no guarantees, you may consider consulting a professional financial and career adviser to review your strategy.
SET UP YOUR PIPELINES. ATTAIN FINANCIAL FREEDOM. By Dr. Franca 27th November 2016.
Build your financial pipeline to achieve an ongoing residual income. many people tend to believe that the way to financial security and happiness is to do your own thing your own way or to develop a new product no one else has.
Know the difference between Financial Fact and Financial Opinion. It is a matter of common sense, though sometimes in life, common sense is uncommon. Facts are based on numbers. Your financial survival depends upon facts, not some friends or adviser’s wordy opinions. However, both fact and opinion are important but are completely different financially.
Most people struggle financially because they spend an awful lot of time of their life using opinions rather than facts when making financial decision.
The following are opinions
Your house is an asset.
The price of real estate always go up
Blue chip stocks and shares are the best investment.
You have to be dishonest to be rich.
Joe go on and marry Jane she will make a good house wife.
There is enough money in world for everyone to be rich
People who make mistakes are stupid.
He studied Accountancy, he must make a good bank manager
1. Gold or Diamond is only an asset, by definition, if you buy it for less than you sell it for. In reality, the only thing that is an asset or liability is you. It is you that can make a diamond an asset and only you can make it a liability. It is OK to use an opinion when making decision so long as you know the difference. To be successful financially, you must know the difference between fact and opinion. If you cannot verify something as a fact, then it is an opinion. Some research scientist defined financial insanity as when opinions are used as facts. When it comes to making money, most people are either lazy or searching for shortcut. And there are still others who are so afraid of making mistakes that all they do is due diligence and they do nothing.
2. Playing the game of Monopoly. This is not a joke. The formula for getting rich in Monopoly is simple, and it works in real life as well as in the game.
3. Think and Grow Rich
Ask yourself one important question; why think and grow rich and not work hard and get wealthy. The truth is that people who work the hardest do not wind up the richest. Job or financial security is completely different from financial freedom. The process of going from financial security to financial freedom is a matter of changing your thinking.
If you want to attain financial freedom, you need to think, think and think. A person who has a loser mentality will always lose no matter what stock, share, real estate or gold they buy.
4. Mistakes and Risks are essential:
Mistakes are essential characteristics of human beings. That is why people who take risks, make mistakes and recover often do better than people who learned not to make mistakes because they were afraid of risks. Mistake free doers are rich, usually people who are emotionally afraid of making mistakes. Instead, to be financial free, we need to learn how to make mistakes and manage risks. In a nutshell, risk leads to mistakes, and mistakes lead to wisdom and knowledge. Failure is part of the process of success.
5. Attitude determines our altitude
Our attitude determines our altitude in life. It has been quoted too often in almost every self-development journal and by different authors in marriage and business relationship. It is unequivocally true. Attitude is governed by emotions and emotions control our thinking, feelings, beliefs and altitude
As a matter of policy never say any of the following because what a person says and thinks becomes real.
I can’t afford it
I don’t do that
What if I fail
That idea will never
I am never lucky
I will never be rich
I am not good in anything
I am poor in managing money
My own things always go wrong.
6. Make disappointment your appointment.
Just as inside every problem lies an opportunity, so is inside every disappointment lies a priceless gem of wisdom and knowledge. Make appointment to explore the hidden opportunity through wisdom and knowledge therein.
7. Dream Big.
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. In a nutshell Dr Franca says that to be financially free you have to think, think, think. Change your thinking to possibility thinking and know that with God all things are possible.
Remember that only those who can risk going too far can really find out how far they can go. We cannot tell you what business to go into at this stage.
All we are saying is for you to change your outlook and you will for the first time notice the opportunities that abound.
Risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
Copyright 2018 © Ngozi Franca Okoye PhD.
Pinnacs Media and Productions
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Dr. Franca . Motivational Speaker and Life Coach. Author of Unique Me, Unique You. A Guide to Build Your Self Esteem and Improve Your Self Confidence in One Week.